Csaba: You can run anything multithreaded on Windows by using Ruby
Threads. These are green threads, not native ones, and they are
non-blocking, which is what you would want. Look up some examples of
using the Thread class, which is in the Ruby language core, and you
should be on your way. You can create them in a loop and get many
running. I am new to Ruby, otherwise I would give you a concrete
example.