On Nov 21, 2007 4:49 AM, Csaba Okrona <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Thank you both, Geoffrey and cdr for your help.
> I didn't know it was threaded on win32 by default :)
>
> Then I don't really get why there's so big performance difference bw/ a unix
> backed mongrel
> and a win32 one...

The current (official) build of ruby on windows is compiled with a
older, not-so-optimized compiler (Visual C 6.0). It is 30% slower than
the same code compiled with GCC 3.4.5 (or 4.2.1).

Future versions of ruby for windows will provide updated builds, we
are working on that  :-)

--
Luis Lavena
Multimedia systems