On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 7:56 AM, T_ S_ <li...@ruby-forum.com> wrote:
> I added memcache-client to our app:
> config.gem "memcache-client", :version => "1.8.1"
>
> According to "gem list" the gem is there:
> memcache-client (1.8.1)
>
> If I run our app with "script/server" everything works just fine but
> when I try to run it with "mongrel_rails start" it stops with error:
> no such file to load -- memcache-client
>
> So is there something different how mongrel_rails looks up gems? What is
> so special about this gem as the other gems work just fine?

When you start mongrel_rails, you're doing without daemonize, correct?

There is no configuration file that indicates mongrel should change
user or group when running, correct?

It might be that the memcache-client gem is not installed system wide.

I've used mongrel_rails, combined with memcache-client and memcached
in a bundler configuration and worked without issues, so the problem
might be something else.

Can you build an exact pastie/gist of the output you're receiving? (or
can replicate with a simple rails app?)

Thank you
--
Luis Lavena