On Mon, Sep 6, 2010 at 11:47 AM, Ralf Vitasek <neong...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I need to run an older Rails App on WIndows Server 2008 R2 with a different
> Account then the default Local System.
> While the default works, when trying to start with  a different User (even
> tried with a Domain Admin account), the service will not start (Error 1053).
>
> That problem doesn't occur with Windows Server 2003.
>
> Any idea what is required to get it to start with a different user on Windows
> Server 2008 R2 ?

Can you provide more information about what fails to get executed?

Does that user have access to Ruby and the installed gems? The
database or the directories where the application is installed?

What are the contents of the log files? mongrel_service.log and fbservice.log.

a simple test will involve using psexec to mimic the user environment
you're talking and launch mongrel_rails from the command line with the
same parameters you installed it.

--
Luis Lavena
AREA 17