On Mon, Sep 13, 2010 at 6:14 AM, Ralf Vitasek <neong...@gmail.com> wrote:
> if i'd knew what.
> mongrel starts fine when started on the command line with the same use.

Please open a GitHub issue for better documentation, I promise will tackle it :)

http://github.com/fauna/mongrel_service/issues

Now..

> servicefb.log:
> _initialize() constructor
> _initialize() constructor done
> ServiceProcess(new_name)
> ServiceProcess(new_name) done
> ServiceHost()
> ServiceHost() done
> ServiceHost.Add()
> _add_to_references()
> _add_to_references() done
> ServiceHost.Add() done
> ServiceController.RunMode()
> CurrentPID: 1688
> ParentPID: 624
> Error with OpenProcess
> GetLastError: 0Der Vorgang wurde erfolgreich beendet.

It is clear that is having problems opening the process.

Can you try out the newer beta?

gem install mongrel_service --pre

And then try to remove and register with the new service.

On the new beta we handle much better parent process detection (or at
least try to be less smart).

--
Luis Lavena
AREA 17