Ah I see, this is another artifact from us having an old-ish version of
Monit.  Where I work we can only use EPEL from RHEL 6 and the guy who
maintains Monit for EPEL is very busy lately and had no time to update to
the latest.  He was also worried about backwards compatibility.  If I had
any idea how to be an EPEL maintainer I could try and help but it looked
very confusing to me (compared to slackware, which is easy enough for me to
handle).  I will probably leave it alone for now, and store it away in the
back of my head that a future update might make the output I'm seeing more
pleasant for me.

Thanks for your help.

V/r,
Bryan