Hello Elias,

On 02/15/2016 01:34 PM, monitorix-general-boun...@lists.sourceforge.net
wrote:

> Hello Jordi,
>

> I have installed Monitorix in a set of 5 Raspberrys and it works great
> on each. It is a smart and useful tool. Thank you very much!!

You're very welcome, I'm glad to know you are enjoying Monitorix.

> I have more nodes to be added shortly.
> I have a tow parts question:
>
> 1. I added a new custom graphic by copying one of the .pm modules,
> renaming and modifying it to initialise, update and request the
> information I needed.
>
> I wonder if there is another default procedure that you would suggest
> for adding custom graphs from custom data sources.

No, since there isn't any special procedure for this, that's the right
way to proceed.

> 2. I need to specify different graphs, other than the 'system load' for
> multi server monitoring.
> I copied the generated page into a static html and changed the URL to
> request different graphs.  This approach lacks some flexibility.
> I would greatly appreciate if you can help me achieve multi server
> monitor of any of the graphs.

The 'Multihost' feature should help you exactly on this. Please, check
the following screenshot to get an idea of it:

<http://www.monitorix.org/imgs/multihost.png>

Multihost option is pending to have a complete rewrite which will
include numerous new features. I just hope to have enough spare time to
start developing its next version.

> As a side comment, one immediate insight I obtained from Monitorix is to
> witness the huge performance difference between RPi B+ and RPi 2. The
> later has 3x less kernel usage than the B+. Although I knew about the
> difference and I have both models installed, I had not been able to have
> such a clear comparison until now. Great!!! ....and this is just the
> beginning....

Heh, that's great! :)

> With my due respect and thankfulness,
>
> Elias Crespin