Hey Rolf,

On your suggestion, I’m not sure that’s exactly what we want.
Even though we can ask user to do signal chaining themselves, I don’t think
it’s necessary. I don’t think we should be promoting the broken design of posix
signals around. ;)
Another thing is that this design is not portable and exposes a bit too much of
mono internals.

What about this: https://gist.github.com/569e860dd7e73bde0d8d098f95143662

It probably won’t compile as I normalized the signature of
mono_handle_native_sigsegv with other similar functions.

--
Rodrigo

On 9/19/16, 3:25 AM, "Rolf Kvinge" <rolf.kvi...@microsoft.com> wrote:

    Hi,

    > From: Rodrigo Kumpera
    >

    > Hey guys,
    >
    >  Exposing signal handlers from managed code is always the wrong solution.
    >

    > If we're crashing in the runtime, a managed code signal handler has very
little chance of works. It's a scenario we will never even consider supporting.

    This is not about exposing signal handlers to managed code, the signal
handlers we want called are always in native code.

    > I guess the simple solution is to add an embedding API call that queues
signal handlers
    > to be called first before chaining to the OS one.

    Something like this:
https://gist.github.com/rolfbjarne/6aab59c1609f33402d195f9c34e9f99b?

    Rolf