From: "Ondrej Krsko" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> For now, you'll probably need to run mbas with mono runtime and
> class-libraries, it seems like it is trying to use incompatible .NET
> libraries.
> try: Mono mbas.exe Module1.vb

After running mbas.exe with mono runtime this error message appears:

Assembly 'mbas.exe' has the non-standard metadata heap #-.
Recompile it correctly (without the /incremental switch or in Release
mode). cannot open assembly mbas.exe

I assume this is a bug in mono.

No, it's a Microsoft undocumented non-compliance with their own standard, as proposed to and accepted by ECMA . Follow the given instructions: do a release build of mbas.


I tried to compile also this simple program (with mbas compiled in vs.net):

Module Module1
    Sub Main()
    End Sub
End Module

but mbas shows this error (reported in /mbas/attribute.cs):

Module1.vb(6) error BC0246: Could not find attribute
'Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.StandardModuleAttribute' (are you
missing a using directive or an assembly reference ?)
Compilation failed: 1 Error(s), 0 warnings

well I can't reproduce it in linux:


[EMAIL PROTECTED] mbas]$ mono mbas.exe x.vb
Compilation succeeded
[EMAIL PROTECTED] mbas]$ mono x.exe
[EMAIL PROTECTED] mbas]$ cat x.vb
Module Module1
    Sub Main()
    End Sub
End Module

You'll have to wait for when later I can seat at my WinXP machine to see what happens...

Maybe a little hacking could solve this problem. I was trying to find
solution few days, but I gave up - I'm not too good in ".NET inners".
Any idea could help me!

BR,
Ondrej Krsko

I'll return to you later...


Regards,

Rafael Teixeira
Brazilian Polymath
Mono Hacker since 16 Jul 2001

_________________________________________________________________
MSN Messenger: instale gr�tis e converse com seus amigos. http://messenger.msn.com.br


_______________________________________________
Mono-list maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://lists.ximian.com/mailman/listinfo/mono-list

Reply via email to