Mono barfs with .... non-standard metadata heap #-. on .NET generated assemblies created via incremental compiling, as I remember from earlier comments Miguel states that this heap is of a non-standard format, and isn't going to be supported by mono.
Website maintainers: Perhaps this should be in the FAQ ? Regards, Simon ----- Original Message ----- From: "Ondrej Krsko" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: "Mono List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Cc: "A Rafael D Teixeira" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Sent: Friday, September 26, 2003 3:30 PM Subject: Re: [Mono-list] MBas compiled in VS.NET could not compile simple program > > For now, you'll probably need to run mbas with mono runtime and > > class-libraries, it seems like it is trying to use incompatible .NET > > libraries. > > try: Mono mbas.exe Module1.vb > > After running mbas.exe with mono runtime this error message appears: > > Assembly 'mbas.exe' has the non-standard metadata heap #-. > Recompile it correctly (without the /incremental switch or in Release > mode). cannot open assembly mbas.exe > > I assume this is a bug in mono. > I tried to compile also this simple program (with mbas compiled in vs.net): > > Module Module1 > Sub Main() > End Sub > End Module > > but mbas shows this error (reported in /mbas/attribute.cs): > > Module1.vb(6) error BC0246: Could not find attribute > 'Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.StandardModuleAttribute' (are you > missing a using directive or an assembly reference ?) > Compilation failed: 1 Error(s), 0 warnings > > Maybe a little hacking could solve this problem. I was trying to find > solution few days, but I gave up - I'm not too good in ".NET inners". > Any idea could help me! > > BR, > Ondrej Krsko > > _______________________________________________ > Mono-list maillist - [EMAIL PROTECTED] > http://lists.ximian.com/mailman/listinfo/mono-list _______________________________________________ Mono-list maillist - [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://lists.ximian.com/mailman/listinfo/mono-list
