I've been fighting this particular battle recently. The secret is to 
step the project back in size and file count until it stops crashing 
like that, then add files back incrementally. I also peeled 
parameters back to defaults.

Be meticulous.

Some details:

I set linking to "no" from "SDKs only".

I set up a smaller project and reduced the files within it.

I got rid of the static objc library, relevant dll, and eliminated 
the gcc parameters provided for linking with .a files. (I left in the 
-v -v -v to get more detailed compile-time logs).

I delete any old copy of the app from the device before attempting to 
install and run a new one.

I regularly Clean All | Build.

Occasionally, I close the project, quit MonoDevelop, and started 
MonoDevelop again.

The last three steps are what I needed to do to recover use of the 
debugger for debug|iPhone builds. I also always parked a breakpoint 
on the first line in main; if that doesn't stop the app, then the 
debugger can't see the app for some reason.

MonoDevelop takes a lot of abuse, apparently, because it crashes for 
me every few hours. With that in mind, it is probably a good idea to 
shut it down and start it up again on general principals.

I'm also using a current iOS release on the device.

-Mike
_______________________________________________
MonoTouch mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.ximian.com/mailman/listinfo/monotouch

Reply via email to