I'm having this issue as well. I made a project straight out of Xcode4 with
two view controllers. I added some textfields and a button, hooked up the
outlets to the textfields and an action to the button, everything was fine.
I then came back later, added some code for push notifications, tried to
build, and got this "coding-compliant" error about one of my textfields. If
I removed the textfield and all outlets etc, it would then complain about
the next one. I removed all controls, and it then was erroring about the
view itself. I've tried deleting the view in Xcode, remaking it, recreating
the outlet the file's owner, and the only way to get it to go away is to
delete the view and everything referring to it.

I read on the MonoTouch site that this error is due to something not being
generated correctly in the designer.xib.cs generated file:

http://support.xamarin.com/customer/portal/articles/135125-this-class-is-not-key-value-coding-compliant-for-the-key-xxxx

But those files don't exist in Monodevelop. Someone said you can manually
create them, but will that actually fix this? Is there an easier way to get
MT to regenerate these files and fix the problem if that's really the issue?

On Tue, Sep 27, 2011 at 10:28 AM, nemke <[email protected]>wrote:

> I have started to learn MonoTouch and it's so easy to work with. I have
> went
> trough the Hello World example with Xcode4 and MonoDevelop 2.8 beta and
> everything works fine.
>
> However, when I downloaded the code examples from the free ebook "Building
> iPhone and iPod touch Applications for the .NET/C# Developer with
> MonoTouch"
> by Wallace B. McClure,
>  which can be found
>
> http://www.wrox.com/WileyCDA/WroxTitle/Building-iPhone-and-iPod-touch-Applications-for-the-NET-C-Developer-with-MonoTouch.productCd-0470590734,descCd-DOWNLOAD.html
> here  I got some problems.
>
> I opened the FirstMonoTouchProject example, asked for migration and it went
> ok. The solution builds with no errors after migration. But when run the
> app
> (F5) it crashes with messages like this:
>
> /Unhandled Exception: MonoTouch.Foundation.MonoTouchException: Objective-C
> exception thrown.  Name: NSUnknownKeyException Reason: [<UITextField
> 0x710c100> setValue:forUndefinedKey:]: this class is not key value
> coding-compliant for the key window.
>  at (wrapper managed-to-native)
> MonoTouch.UIKit.UIApplication:UIApplicationMain
> (int,string[],intptr,intptr)
>  at MonoTouch.UIKit.UIApplication.Main (System.String[] args, System.String
> principalClassName, System.String delegateClassName) [0x00042] in
> /Developer/MonoTouch/Source/monotouch/src/UIKit/UIApplication.cs:29
>  at MonoTouch.UIKit.UIApplication.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00000] in
> /Developer/MonoTouch/Source/monotouch/src/UIKit/UIApplication.cs:34
>  at FirstMonoTouchProject.Application.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00000]
> in /Users/nemanja/Projects/McClure
> Code/FirstMonoTouchProject/FirstMonoTouchProject/Main.cs:14
> [ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: MonoTouch.Foundation.MonoTouchException:
> Objective-C exception thrown.  Name: NSUnknownKeyException Reason:
> [<UITextField 0x710c100> setValue:forUndefinedKey:]: this class is not key
> value coding-compliant for the key window.
>  at (wrapper managed-to-native)
> MonoTouch.UIKit.UIApplication:UIApplicationMain
> (int,string[],intptr,intptr)
>  at MonoTouch.UIKit.UIApplication.Main (System.String[] args, System.String
> principalClassName, System.String delegateClassName) [0x00042] in
> /Developer/MonoTouch/Source/monotouch/src/UIKit/UIApplication.cs:29
>  at MonoTouch.UIKit.UIApplication.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00000] in
> /Developer/MonoTouch/Source/monotouch/src/UIKit/UIApplication.cs:34
>  at FirstMonoTouchProject.Application.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00000]
> in /Users/nemanja/Projects/McClure
> Code/FirstMonoTouchProject/FirstMonoTouchProject/Main.cs:14 /
>
> Do I need to refactor something in order to make this work, or was this
> code
> faulty in the first place?
>
> --
> View this message in context:
> http://monotouch.2284126.n4.nabble.com/Converting-Xcode3-sln-to-Xcode4-issues-tp3848336p3848336.html
> Sent from the MonoTouch mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
> _______________________________________________
> MonoTouch mailing list
> [email protected]
> http://lists.ximian.com/mailman/listinfo/monotouch
>
_______________________________________________
MonoTouch mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.ximian.com/mailman/listinfo/monotouch

Reply via email to