Hey Nick, great idea!

Replacing whole background with image is much nicer solution!

Just for test, i created print screen of navigation bar, and use that png for
my background and its working great, no rounded edges.

UIImage navigationBarBackground = UIImage.FromFile("toolbar.png");
segmentedControl.SetBackgroundImage(navigationBarBackground,UIControlState.Normal,UIBarMetrics.Default);

Thanks!!