Yes, you should be worried -- this is NOT usual and PayPal has no such 30-day hold policy on unconfirmed addresses -- and I receive posters from international sellers all the time -- and I never provide a "confirmed" address when I pay with PayPal as that requires giving PayPal a credit card number and I refuse to do that. It sounds like the seller is trying to run out your 30-day option to file a "buyer's complaint" with PayPal. If it has already been close to 30 days, I would file the buyer's complaint immediately -- if you get the merchandise you can always cancel it. In any case I would e-mail the seller immediately and tell him that his 30-day wait policy is NOT ACCEPTABLE to you and that he must either send the poster immediately or refund your money immediately -- and that if he does not agree to do one or the other within 24 hours that you will file a buyer's complaint with PayPal and leave negative comment on him on eBay and file a complaint with eBay -- in other words, I wouldn't take this kind of thing meekly or even try to be courteous, as he has not played straight with you at all. Tell him he has 24 hours to make good or else.
 
People should stop allowing sellers to walk all over them with excuses that range from "my dog ate your poster" to "I mailed it 8 weeks ago, but you say it still hasn't arrived yet? How strange..." These are business agreements, these auctions and bids -- they need to be handled professionally and any buyer or seller who doesn't want to handle them that way should stop getting involved in them.
 
-- JR
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, August 01, 2004 17:57
Subject: [MOPO] Question regarding international paypal payments

Hi Everyone,

I have a question for regarding paypal international payments.

I purchased a poster from a seller on ebay almost a month ago and it still
hasn't arrived.
I recently email the seller to ask when the item was sent.
He replied informing me the item hadn't been sent becasue "there is a 30
day wait for international because of unconfirmed Pay Pal addresses and
tracking".

This information was not on the original ebay listing and I probably
wouldn't have bid on it had I known.

Is this a common thing among sellers?
I frequently use paypal to pay for my international winnings and have
never had this issue.

Should I be worried?

Your opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Vesna

Message sent using MelbPC WebMail Server

         Visit the MoPo Mailing List Web Site at www.filmfan.com
   ___________________________________________________________________
              How to UNSUBSCRIBE from the MoPo Mailing List

       Send a message addressed to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
            In the BODY of your message type: SIGNOFF MOPO-L

    The author of this message is solely responsible for its content.

Visit the MoPo Mailing List Web Site at www.filmfan.com
___________________________________________________________________
How to UNSUBSCRIBE from the MoPo Mailing List
Send a message addressed to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
In the BODY of your message type: SIGNOFF MOPO-L
The author of this message is solely responsible for its content.

Reply via email to