From: MoPo List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]On Behalf Of Michael B
Sent: Tuesday, June 27, 2006 12:44 PM
To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
Subject: Re: [MOPO] Bonham's Sale !!!

MOPO has proven to be a great policing technique/source for fellow collectors.

Towards that end, i announced my experience with the STRANGERS ON THE TRAIN insert.  But for me, Bonhams would have ONCE, AGAIN, misled absentee bidders.  While it was reported here that it sold for a mere 300 because of its horrible condition, if it were not for me, some innocent absentee bidder would have paid a lot more.  Bonhams NEVER would have changed the rating from "A-" to "C-" if it werent for me.  And people relying solely on the catalogue never learned of the downgraded rating.  HOW DARE I BE CRITICIZED FOR DEMANDING HONEST GRADINGS OF POSTERS when the seller has been shown to act irresponsibly, previously?

MOPOers have a long track record of demanding DISCLOSURE, DISCLOURE, DISCLOSURE.

Bonhams does not have a "no questions asked" return policy".  I had to expend needless energy to have my money refunded---despite the grossly inadequate description.  I guess flix has never been burnt.  Once burnt, you act more cautiously.

michael