Thanks for the tip, Evan. After that review, i will definitely make an effort 
to go there. Sounds great!
  Richard
Richard Del Belso> Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 19:19:28 +0000> From: [EMAIL 
PROTECTED]> Subject: [MOPO] Best movie theater in the US?> To: 
[email protected]> > > I finally had the opportunity to see films at 
the Stanford theater (in Palo Alto, CA) this last week. They showed "Hallow 
Triumph" and "The Seventh Victim" with interludes on the Wurlitzer. And I have 
to say, it was an amazing experience. The theater is huge and immculately 
restored. You should definitely check out their website at:> > 
http://www.stanfordtheatre.org/stf/> > Unfotunately the site does not describe 
their poster collection, which is displayed in the lobby and gallery attached, 
and which they apparently regularly rotate. But seeing the classic posters in 
their natural habitate is a real treat! I would be suprised if there wasn't 
something on display that would make you go "woah" -- for me it was the 6 sheet 
to "Only Angels have Wings". The 3 sheets to African Queen (british) and Gone 
with the Wind (reduced prices) were nice as well not to mentation a collection 
of 40 or so Film Noir one sheets.> > If you are in the area (and by that I mean 
it within a thousand miles or so), I recommend a visit. > > I am not sure if 
there is another theater like this in the US. If there is -- let us know where 
it is.> > Evan> > > Visit the MoPo Mailing List Web Site at www.filmfan.com> 
___________________________________________________________________> How to 
UNSUBSCRIBE from the MoPo Mailing List> > Send a message addressed to: [EMAIL 
PROTECTED]> In the BODY of your message type: SIGNOFF MOPO-L> > The author of 
this message is solely responsible for its content.> 
         Visit the MoPo Mailing List Web Site at www.filmfan.com
   ___________________________________________________________________
              How to UNSUBSCRIBE from the MoPo Mailing List
                                    
       Send a message addressed to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
            In the BODY of your message type: SIGNOFF MOPO-L
                                    
    The author of this message is solely responsible for its content.

Reply via email to