One more time,

I'm with you on this Sue................I keep my E-bay auctions down to a number I can personally handle. Thus, I communicate with the buyers and have met many wonderful people from all over the world, that I now call friends. I have a new friend in Brazil that wanted to talk Politics (Brazilian); a woman in Oklahoma, whose great Grand Dad, did the Okla. land rush. P. who resides in the UK whose daughter works about 50 miles from me. He is coming over to the USA in about a month and wants to meet and, of course, have tea. I could go on and on and yes.........it has been a great experience for me. Yep.......E-Bay sure has it down side; I just finished trying to communicate with Ebay Support.....aghhhhhhhhh! but, there are definitely some plus's..................Vaughn

At 02:41 PM 7/15/2008 -0700, Susan Heim wrote:
Bravo Evan.....while there are definitely some issues Ebay could deal with better, I have had some wonderful experiences. My daughter, turning 12 tomorrow, and I collect Disney pins and Beatles memorabilia. We log on all the time "together" and have a blast finding just the right pin or some Beatles item that we have never seen before. As a seller, I deal daily with the downside of Ebay. However, I remember that Ebay has opened avenues of customers for me that I would otherwise not have. Not only have I developed a huge customer base, but have made some very nice "collector" friends along the way. So, for me, the good outweighs the annoying. I haven't found anything in life yet that is perfect!

Sue
<http://www.hollywoodposterframes.com>www.hollywoodposterframes.com
----- Original Message -----
From: <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>Evan Zweifel
To: <mailto:MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU>MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
Sent: Tuesday, July 15, 2008 1:19 PM
Subject: Re: [MOPO] Please cut it out!

> If you need something to unify behind, why don't we discuss how awful eBay
> is?

The other day, my son (who is 11) discovered the joys of reading "Dave Barry". So we logged onto eBay found a lot of 10 books closing in a couple of hours. We put in a bid and won (10 books for $11 + $7 shipping) !! I clicked on the the paypal button and about 30 seconds later money transferred from the bank account (yes, my bank account) to someone, somewhere out in the ether. Yesterday, a box arrived with my books arrived and I left positive feedback for the seller.

That was awful!!!

eBay and paypal totally suck.

Send a message addressed to: <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>[EMAIL PROTECTED]