  From: David Lieberman
  To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
  Sent: Thursday, November 06, 2008 12:21 PM
  Subject: Re: [MOPO] E.T. Bicycle 1sh. "faux controversy."

        these are YOUR exact words bob:

        So, here's the list of things that are different between the originals
and these possible-bootlegs (I'm going to call the ones we know to be original
"originals" and the ones that are widely available "bootlegs" - I'm going to
ignore the reprints for now, although they're somewhat similar to the
possible-bootlegs):

        Originals are about 27" by 41" - bootleg's are undersized

        There is more artwork on the original - the bootleg's have the art
cropped by just the smallest possible amount

        The bootlegs have different brightness and contrast (considerably
brighter than the originals)

        The bootlegs have a printing flaw (that appears slightly out of focus
on the reprint, but does not appear on the original).

        The paper is about the same on both (the reprint has completely
different paper).

        The print quality is about the same on both (very high quality - the
reprint has inferior printing).

        I don't know what Dan's conclusion is going to be (it'll probably be
months before we know). But, I would suspect, at the very least, he will mark
them as "buyer beware." Some of those differences above are very disconcerting
- to say the least. Especially since, as I mentioned before, there shouldn't be
more than one single printing of this poster (from one single day - at one
single printing facility)...

        Personally, I wouldn't touch one of these unless I heard from the
source EXACTLY where they came from (and was convinced it was true). But, as it
usually goes with large quantities of bootlegs that suddenly appear on the
market, they'll probably never say exactly...

        Cheers,

        Bob

        David Lieberman
        CineMasterpieces.com | 15721 N. Greenway Hayden Loop, Suite 105 --
Scottsdale, Az 85260
        Vintage Original Movie Posters | 602 309 0500 | Office/Gallery Open By
Appt. Only.

  AOL Search: Your one stop for directions, recipes and all other Holiday
needs. Search Now.

7:17 AM