From: Patrick Michael Tupy [mailto:tellta...@mac.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 30, 2008 9:03 PM
To: Franc
Cc: mop...@sol03.american.edu
Subject: Re: [MOPO] eBay seller Isaacmuzzy is a crook

Well, Franc, kinda have to disagree with you.  Sure it arrived
damaged, sure the seller should return
Rich's money, but to give the seller a pass for the high possibility
that they were patently dishonest and
doctored or 'massaged' their Ebay images to fraudulently present the
poster in a better condition than
it was, does matter.

If they were merely guilty of horrific packaging, that's likely
carelessness and negligence.  But if that IS
the same poster and the images were doctored not to show the massive
tear, then that shows some
pre-meditation, and a cognizance that the poor condition of the
poster would not bring a high price, ergo
their motive to doctor the pics.

Franc, I doubt you were suggesting that doctoring images is an
acceptable practice as long as the seller refunds
an unhappy buyer's purchase price.  For what would follow, as may be
Rich's experience in this case, if the
seller is commonly fraudulent and then they make Rich wait weeks for
a refund, that, in itself is no evidence of A**holiness,
for this Seller is only being consistent and clearly had class with a
capital 'A' to begin with.

Patrick