Claude

I have found that there are a few sellers left on eBay who regularly offer
quality items at reasonable starting prices with accurate descriptions, who
can be trusted to pack well. I have simply bookmarked those sellers
directly, and check their offerings weekly. I do a quick cursory scan of the
rest of eBay once a week, spending maybe 10 minutes on it, and if I happen
to stumble on something, great.

I have no doubt that every day there are items selling that I would have
loved to own at that price or much higher, but I just can't justify the time
spent finding them vs the amount of items I would find, minus the heartache
of getting poorly packed or over-graded items.

But overall, I don't feel the primary problem is the over-priced stuff
(although I too wonder how that can be worthwhile to list), but rather I
feel the problem is a lack of enough worthwhile items to bid on.

Given how they have run off lots of sellers combined with their ruining
"Search", it is just so hard to find the few good "nuggets" scattered among
the tons of "dirt".

In my heyday, I spent an enjoyable hour poring over eBay every day, and
could have spent much more time, if I had had it to spare. Every day was
like Christmas, with multiple packages arriving filled with some wonderful
goodies.

I am angry at eBay more for ruining the place I loved to BUY at than the
place I once made my living selling at (because I was pretty certain all
along I could leave anytime I wanted).

Bruce