    *From:* MoPo List [mailto:mop...@listserv.american.edu] *On Behalf
    Of *Doug Taylor
    *Sent:* Wednesday, March 17, 2010 9:44 AM
    *To:* MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
    *Subject:* Re: [MOPO] Best Picture Oscars and others

    Couldn't agree more on English Patient.

    Regards

    DBT

    Profile <http://www.linkedin.com/in/douglasbtaylor>

    *From:* MoPo List [mailto:mop...@listserv.american.edu] *On Behalf
    Of *James Richard
    *Sent:* Wednesday, March 17, 2010 4:41 AM
    *To:* MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU

    Rich,

    And let's not forget THE ENGLISH PATIENT winning best picture...

    That's when I stopped paying much attention to the Oscars.

    -- JR

    Richard Halegua Comic Art wrote:

    the answer is simple.... the awards are not entirely
    accomplishment based. They are frequently an emotional response by
    the members of the Academy who are unable to compartmentalize
    their emotions from their intellect, and so you get results that
    are not necessarily in line with truly award-caliber films.

    Rich