From: Steven Yafet <sya...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [MOPO] My expirence with Rich tonight
To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
Date: Thursday, April 15, 2010, 2:23 PM

I've had similar experiences in different auctions - Ebay, Bruce's and etc. but
I always thought bidding like this was mean-spirited or maybe that the bidder
was a bit of a nutcake.

This scenario doesn't even work for shill bidding because shills don't want to
win.

By the way, my experiences on Rich's auction site have been terrific.  The
sellers have been thoroughly responsible and I have been delighted with
everything I bought.

Nathalie

On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 10:24 PM, Douglas Ball <deb...@columbus.rr.com> wrote:

I just got done with and auction on Mopobid tonight
that is and will leave a sour taste and just might make me think twice in
bidding on another auction in the near future on Rich's auctions.
Tonight I bid on "Robinson Crusoe on Mars" 40x60.
At 8:18 tonight a buyer with the ID of samiam101 (0) feedback with approx.
2mins
left in the auction. I came in again at 8:27 almost missing the auction. I was
high at 105.01. From that bid until 9:05, that bidder bid 27 bids @ $2.00 per
bid w/ 3 or 2m left in the extended auction until the bidder finally won it for
$161.10.
Now I'M like just about anyone else who takes
loosing with winning, but in this case I believe it was not a bidder who never
bid on any auctions in the past, but a shill bidder.
Since you can not view auctions that have ended on
Rich's site unless you bid or follow, I'm just curious how many others had an
experience tonight with samiam 101 with (0) feedback!

Doug
Visit the MoPo Mailing List Web Site at www.filmfan.com