From: MoPo List [mailto:mop...@listserv.american.edu] On Behalf Of Zeev
Drach
Sent: Friday, July 02, 2010 9:35 AM
To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
Subject: Re: [MOPO] Is there something wrong with this hobby?

Channing,

Yes, $11.50 for that card is a real bummer.  Yes, of course it's worth a
lot more, and you would have also gotten a lot more for it, had it not
been on eBay.

I would have paid a lot more for it, but I simply don't have the time to
look daily through the endless mounds of ebay auctions. I think that is
true for a lot of people.  I go through some of Bruce's and Rich's
auctions, just out of habit, and because I know them.  That's about it.
Maybe a couple of other dealers as well, from time to time.  But the
obsessive habit of sitting day in and day out and watching for bargains
on ebay is long behind me.  Who's got the time for it?  A few years ago
it was still a novelty, but nobody can keep up with the sheer avalanche
of posters and lobby cards heaped upon us daily via ebay and other on
line auctions.

In other words, what I'm saying is there is so much stuff on ebay that
people simply are tuning off.

Zeev