If you were close enough to Owsley Stanley to get dosed, you should have seen
it coming (ha)

-----Original Message-----
From: Greg <pickmeis...@cox.net>
To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
Sent: Mon, Sep 13, 2010 8:45 pm
Subject: Re: [MOPO] OT: guy trips on acid at Egyptian Theater 2001: A Space
Odyssey

I shared my mescaline experience at a Cinerama showing of 2001 earlier on MOPO,
so I won't bore you again with THAT. I saw a double bill of "Bonnie and Clyde"
and "I Never Sang for My Father" after eating an enormous amount of hashish,
and I'm still in therapy. The former shocked me horribly and the latter
depressed me into  a coma. The most fun I ever had seeing a movie in an
"altered state" was watching"Monty Python and the Meaning of Life" after
getting stinking drunk on a night off in New York city. I was very, very loud
in my appreciation for the film, especially during Mr. Creosote's visit to the
restaurant. People around me left in droves.
Bruce...I stopped willingly doing acid in 1969. Too many questions, not enough
answers. Not my cup of tea. I was, however, dosed by Owsley, the "Acid King",
in 1975 just before a huge concert in San Francisco. Jerk.
Greg Douglass