Somebody should do a retrospective of his work.  Where is he based?  This could
be very fun.

________________________________
From: "rixpost...@aol.com" <rixpost...@aol.com>
To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
Sent: Tue, February 14, 2012 5:42:49 PM
Subject: Re: [MOPO] OT: Moon River and Tiffany's

Hi, Rich,

  I'm sure those words were written by Frank Jacobs, a friend of mine  and a
movie poster collector as well (mostly 30's  + 40's musicals).  Everyone
remembers the cartoonists at Mad---  Don Martin, Sergio Arigones
and so many others---but the names of the writers from the early years of  Mad
are generally forgotten.
It's really unfortunate because Frank and the other writers came up with a  ton
of brilliant material. Frank was the one who usually wrote song  parodies like
the one you posted. A truly great talent and a really nice man as
well...                                         Rick

when I    hear downtown, all I can remember are the spoof lyrics that