Hi,

I was looking at Part I of Bruce's Spring Auction and noticed an unfolded 1/2
sheet for "Rebel Without a Cause".

http://auctions.emovieposter.com/Bidding.taf?_function=detail&Auction_uid1=2548602

In the description field it says...

"Note that part of the tagline just above the title has been overprinted! It
originally read: "The overnight sensation of 'East of Eden' becomes the star of
the year!", but the second half of the tagline was
overprinted, no doubt because Dean died a month before the movie was
released (but after the posters were prepared), and no doubt someone at
the studio thought the tagline was now in bad taste.  Depending on how
you look at it, this is either a cool addition to the poster or a
defect.  Please do not bid on the poster unless you can accept that it
is overprinted in this area."

I was going to ask Bruce about this but thought I'd throw it out to the whole
group.  Are there any 1/2 sheets without this overprinting?  Looking through
the archives on Heritage and Bruce's site - all 1/2 sheets seem to have the
modification.

Also - and bear in mind I'm fairly new to this - if someone bought the 1/2
sheet can the overprinting be removed via cleaning?  That is, is this the same
as someone having a 1/2 sheet without overprinting then taking a paint brush
and painting over the text?

Thanks

ps: Great items Bruce - I'm eagerly waiting to see what other items will pop up
in the remaining Spring Auctions.