I was stiffed by this Greek woman as well. Be warned. She changes her Ebay
name frequently so that she can continue to buy things and not pay for them.
She's a real loser. FRANC

-----Original Message-----
From: MoPo List [mailto:mopo-l@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU] On Behalf Of Richard C
Evans
Sent: Sunday, July 08, 2012 11:33 AM
To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
Subject: Re: [MOPO] Ebay Buyer from hell

Filip, you might have missed earlier posts on mopo about the Greek, plenty
come up if you search "greek" on Filmfan site,". Something of a minor
celebrity.

Sent from my iPhone

On 8 Jul 2012, at 10:29, filip de volder <runbuffy...@hotmail.com> wrote:

hi , the last one to have been a total asshole was 3 weeks ago on ebay , a
greek guy (  id : proficient911)  wins 12 posters  , some days later he sais
he can't pay for them as his father died , i don't reply as this is total
crap so i open unpaid items issues  for these , so he  goes :

Hello from Greece.How many e-mails do I have to send you to explain the
situation my family experiences?

(after 4 whole weeks on his death bed),a tragedy occured to my family!My
dear father passed away at the age of 65 (he was battling lung cancer for a
year,alas,he didn't make it-God Bless his Soul-).Thus,I won't not abble to
fullfil my obligation to you.You see,my dear friend,some stuff in life
happenand we should NEVER take things for granted.Please,e-mail me. From the
bottom of my heart,thank you,and again,sorry for any inconvenience I caused
you.(And,please,cancel our transaction,and do not strike me with an unpaid
item on my eBAY Account!).God Bless us All...AND may the Good Karma follow
on your life's path.PLEASE,SHOW YOUR LENIENCY.Things are out of my hand,and
please Things are out of my hand,and please,cancel the transaction.The
Funeral Expences,alone,cost about $4,500.Please mercy me,and do not strike
my eBAY account with "UNPAID ITEMS" Indications.

i tell him in one phrase i have enough of people like him coming up with the
most honourless excuses for not paying and how comes if his father is dead
that he's bombing me daily with emails to not open unpaid items disputes  ,
his reply seems to come out of a really cheap greek tragedy  :

I wonder why some people are so malliciously spreading rumors
about others,
without even bothering to check the facts
of each individual case!
I also wonder
why do you believe all this hype!
PEOPLE "TALK",BUT(UNFORTUNATELY),THEY DON'T "WALK"!
Why do you get "trapped" in this kind
of gossip (which,for sure,has a terribly shameful effect to other innocent
buyers here on eBAY,
and,making us bitter with our significant pals,family,religion etc.
Cynics and pretenders that think (basically out of hate and repulsion for
the other fellow man) they know everything,
destroy reputations,dignities,humble and decent lives,just for the sake of
their own ignorance,
that they baptise knowledge.
All this unacceptable small-talking,is the beginning of all evil that hems
us,
holding us prisoners in our everyday's doubts,
despute my integrity and my honor
Simple as that!
I ALWAYS KEEP MY WORD.
I'm not a crook or a rogue trader,who tries to deceive anybody.
Trust,my pals,is absolutely and positively one of the very,very few things
that is left to connect us as a solid rock beings.
So,trust me,
and don't believe the hype!
Enjoy your day...

PS.As for "wondering",for bothering you,concerning my eBAY Account,
it has to do with one word: "HOPE".
That one day,Greece will overcome its
fiscal problems,and will be a respectful Country (again)
in the eyes of the rest of the World,
with all of us (here in Greece),
being able to be part of making transactions
with the rest of the Global Human Community.

That's all.
Please,my dear pal,
reconcider,show
your leniency
and forgive-NOT forget-
Your mercy is wanted by someone,
who experiences a harsh time.
Peace and Love,
will prevail,
if people like You,
want to help.
>From a totally devastated person,
wish you a Happy 4th Of July
for you and your Family.

So his father is supposed to be dead , he can't pay for all his wins but
guess what ?  some days later in my new batch of auctions he starts bidding
wildly again !  so had to cancel all his bids and put him on my blocked
bidder list ...
how pathetic can one get ?

  _____