Is there a like button for this post:)

Simon

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone.
From: David Rew
Sent: Thursday, 25 June 2015 11:45
To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
Reply To: David Rew
Subject: Re: [MOPO] [FA] ULTRA Rare English One Sheet - The Third Man (1949)

Just had an email back from Greg Edwards in the UK (Rare Film Posters), who I asked after a suggestion from John Reid and Vesna (from the thread on Vintage Movie Posters Forum) - I told him the queries and pointed him to the MoPo thread.

He kindly proved an answer very quickly, and I quote:

"As the film was released in 1949 any original poster would have a 4 figure number in the bottom right corner which should start with a '9' and end in an 'A'.  If the poster is from 1950-51 it would have a 3 figure number but with no 'A'.  From some time in 1952 onwards it would be a 4 figure number, also with no 'A'."

he also said:

"The artwork is identical to the British quad.  The British Film Institute have a copy which I have attached for you (unfortunately not big enough to check the numbering)."

I bet you are all rushing off to see what the BIDLL one says, I know and...whoops, it's my dinner time.

Talk soon.

;)

regards,
David Rew