However, I have been able to uncover a little more to discount it being from the first release in Australia in 1950, here's an article I found which clearly shows London Films International Ltd was the distributor in this country. That said, there were a LOT of other colonies and Dominions it could have been first released to.

Enjoy the read, apologies in advance for the poor quality of the Cyd Charisse bathing suit pic elsewhere on the page.

David

Simon Oram wrote on 21/06/2015 3:49 AM:
I'm more in the thinking that it's a International UK 1 sheet for the first release in one of the colonies. Due to its obvious closeness and decent printing standard it's very close to the original release date. David said that The Third Man was released in Australia March 1950. OK the poster is in New Zealand but I think with that sort of info that sways me into thinking that way.

Simon

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone.
*From: *Richard C Evans
*Sent: *Saturday, 20 June 2015 18:06
*To: *MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
*Reply To: *evan...@mac.com
*Subject: *Re: [MOPO] [FA] ULTRA Rare English One Sheet - The Third Man (1949)

The unfavourable scenario (presumably no one is thinking fake), is that it could be an International RR?

(Prior to that horrible "RR" which is based on it. I think based on the actual printed poster, and no connection to original plates.)

Would they bother doing it for International RR? Especially with decent quality printing, (as good as the domestic).

Everything points to it being contemporary to the domestic printed version, and any variances between the posters make sense.

One print run for domestic version, one run for international. Whether done at the same branch of the printers or not.

A different version would require a different set of plates to be made up, hence any minor differences with illustration along with required changes. (?)

Sent from my iPhone