Too many to list but I will say that he kept progressing and growing and never
became tired or stagnant. I real artist and great performer. I came across an
interesting factoid yesterday. Evidently the music from the tune "My Way" that
Sinatra made famous was taken from a french tune called "Comme d'habitude"
which was quite a hit in 1967. The song's publisher thought it might be an
English hit as well "So he called up a friend in Denmark Street, London's Tin
Pan Alley, who farmed it out to a jobbing songwriter who was hanging round the
office - a young chap called David Bowie. And so David Bowie wound up writing
the first English lyric for "My Way". Even weirder, he wrote it for an
entertainer he greatly admired, one of Britain's biggest stars of the time -
Anthony Newley. The story goes on to explain that Bowie tailored it to Newley's
"maudlin sub-Pagliacci tears-of-a-clown persona" and it was later rewritten by
Paul Anka. But it does make Bowie the first to pen lyrics to the famous tune.
Pretty cool.
Rest in peace DB.