yes , gdo belss them !

________________________________
From: MoPo List <mopo-l@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU> on behalf of Tom Martin
<dreamfact...@hollywooddreamfactory.com>
Sent: Friday, June 16, 2017 10:18 PM
To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
Subject: Re: [MOPO] Sold for 1.2m metropolis poster

Stop the Presses...

so.. I am not the only one who had a issue with owning a oscar® eh??
You just cant make this stuff up .........

I found the one i had in Toledo years ago and when i went to seell it
due to divorce n  2000 it was the academy who came after me as mine
didnt have a plate
Rudy had just doe n a antiques roadshow and valued a simiar one at 15k..
I think i put mine up at 3k.. well whenthe atty from AMPAS® contacted me
and said what if it was stolen.. i thought well now ill have to bring
the original Guy into it..see the reason I was able to get it so
inexpensive and took me 6 years after i saw it in a window.... the guy
said i was 1st to recognize it in 30 years in the window...

i was eating a filet of fish sandwich when i turned my head and sawit
gleaming in the window,,,.. i went in and said sir if youever wish to
sell it I would love in in my mini Museum in my shop... so one day he
calls he said i didn lots of research and i decided to allow you to have
it as yourpassion for Hollywood is so deep..
so  in 200 I didnt want to sell it but it was to be my fuel to get
started again as i lost my paid off buiding to he ex wife as part of the
settlement and i got the business.....

Katie Holmes dad who s a local atty in Toledo was my atty and did the
negociations with the AMpas attys.. I was able to get a small sti[end
for returning the Oscar and what i lked was a signed contratct with the
academys president and Katies dad to hold me harmless  foranything as a
result of giving it back to the academy...
Also for me it wa great as my son who was very Young had told me Dad
they just want to prtect thier property like you do on intelectual
property// so i agreed and my son got to see along with my peers i was
trying to do the right thing..

some people even called me on Phone and offered like 20k cash if i would
sell it to them..
so a oscare  to me was a liability not a asset.
people would act very starnge whe i showed it so i removed it from the
store as i could see they wanted to grab it and run...
it was like raiders of the lost ark... and the holy grail of
memorabilia..

I feel sorry for leo and deluca... as it appears they did not chose
wisely
and we all make mistakes,,
so hope all works out
Now i can see why Deluca left my facebook page over my joke about
memorabilia..

but we all have issues and all need to help each other as best as
possible..so my best to them all.God bless Leo and Ralph

On 2017-06-16 15:42, Richard Evans wrote:
> Ah, ok thanks.
>
>> On 16 Jun 2017, at 17:20, i...@movieart.ch wrote:
>>
>> could be, this is what THR found out:
>>
>> Brando's Oscar was reportedly acquired in the fall of 2012 for
>> approximately $600,000 through a New Jersey memorabilia dealer. _THR
>> _has learned this person is Ralph DeLuca, whom DiCaprio previously
>> had developed a relationship with due to their mutual interest in
>> DeLuca's specialty: vintage movie posters. The still-active Red
>> Granite — whose next project is a remake of the 1973 prison-break
>> film _Papillon_starring Rami Malek and Charlie Hunnam — declined
>> to comment, as did the Department of Justice and DeLuca.
>>
>> the whole story:
>>
> http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/features/leonardo-dicaprio-malaysians-marlon-brandos-931040
[http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/sites/default/files/custom/Arlene/GettyImages-74255131.jpg]<http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/features/leonardo-dicaprio-malaysians-marlon-brandos-931040>

Leonardo DiCaprio, the Malaysians and Marlon Brando's
...<http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/features/leonardo-dicaprio-malaysians-marlon-brandos-931040>
www.hollywoodreporter.com
Brando's Oscar was reportedly acquired in the fall of 2012 for approximately
$600,000 through a New Jersey memorabilia dealer. THR has learned this person

>> [3]
>>
>> marcel
>>
>> VON: MoPo List [mailto:mopo-l@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU] IM AUFTRAG VON
>> Richard C Evans
>> GESENDET: Freitag, 16. Juni 2017 18:08
>> AN: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
>> BETREFF: Re: [MOPO] Sold for 1.2m metropolis poster
>>
>> This is neither the rumoured DiCaprio one or Ken Schacter/Ralph
>> DeLuca one? Lost track.
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone
>>
>> On 15 Jun 2017, at 21:58, Philipp Kainbacher
>> <00000015e579331a-dmarc-requ...@listserv.american.edu> wrote:
>>
>>> This is by far the most expensive movie poster ever sold! Enjoy!
>>>
>>> Philipp
>>>

> http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr-esq/feds-look-seize-rights-dumb-dumber-1013783?facebook_20170615
>>> [1]
>>>
>>> Sent from my iPhone