Yes, Helmut, I agree - the good old days that still don't feel so long ago.  I
bet there are still newbies out there buying Style As complaining about fold
lines and opting for rolled repros. The thing that surprised me and becoming
more important - and reminiscent of how people collect books - are print runs.
For decades, book collectors looking for "true" first editions - seek "true"
first printings which are almost universally noted on the back of the title
page.  With books, there are first edition first printings - as well as first
edition 14th printings, etc., and publishers mark them accordingly.

To see this template applied to movie posters feels a little "off" because
posters were never intended to be identified "in sequence' beyond the old NSS
numbers designating "R72" for Graduate re-issues and so-on.

Yet, it now matters when you have a super popular title like Star Wars with all
of the poster variations and different print runs, test runs, printer's proofs,
re-issues,  And you need a scorecard to separate the bootlegs from the
genuines.  Most of the style As I owned were 77/21s and how was I to know that
77-21-0 meant greater desirability?  Unlike books whereby first printings have
hard numbers, e.g., a first printing of a typical hardback is typically around
5,000 copies, but way more if it's backed with big marketing or from a major
author - (no publisher wants to "over-print").  But with posters, no one really
knows how many genuine 77-21-0 one-sheets were printed.  It gave me headaches
and I feel sorry for sellers who deal with this every day.

Right now the only SW paper I still own from 1977 are the half-sheet, a VG
insert, the lobby card set, a commercial Hildebrandt and stapled ad-slicks
which are sometimes confusingly referred to as "press books" vs. "press kits,"
etc.  I no longer own ANY one sheets from '77. - d.