At 08:31 AM 11/23/2008, you wrote:
Has anyone come across this before ?

Ian,

What?   Lila as "divine play"?  Divine play, game or dance?  Of course!

Marsha

Lila = "divine play" - life as a spontaneous game played by
lighthearted forces beyond our understanding. from Sri Aurobindo in
"The Valley of the False Glimme"

Quoted in an essay on "Inclusionality" by Wendy Ellyat. (I'll dig out
a link or forward a copy if I can't find on-line.)

Regards
Ian

On Sun, Nov 23, 2008 at 1:33 PM,  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Andrè and Steve
>
> On 22.:
>
> Steve:
>> I'm still not seeing what you see
>> as a problem. Maybe it would help me understand your point if you
>> explained what an SOMist is to you.
>
> Gentlemen: SOM and "the S/O distinction" must be kept apart. I know
> it's cumbersome to "dissolve metaphysical disputes..." constantly" but
> SOM is the conviction that the s/o split is from eternity to eternity.
> i.e. existence's very base, while the distinction is the said split as a
> static VALUE (for value it is as Andrè says below) having seen trough
> its bluff as a metaphysics. Knowing that the split will start to
> produce paradoxes if taken metaphysically  ...and dissolve if pursued
> "scientifically".
>
> Andre:
>> Good question Steve and let me say first of all that we are in full
>> agreement about most things concerning the MoQ.
>
>> I am also reluctant to call anything above the Intellectual level a
>> 'level' in the same way that Pirsig suggested the term 'code' of
>> which he first says it isn't code and then goes on to use the term
>> 'code of Art' (p167) and repeats this on p 307 (Dynamic-static
>> code). To be honest I was even toying with the idea that the MoQ is
>> not a metaphysics at all (!) but I'd rather leave that to the
>> experts.
>
>> First of all, I do not regard SOM as evil. Absolutely not. This
>> rational, scientific approach has guided mankind to do many great
>> things and prevented us from many a disaster. (mind you, it has
>> caused some as well). Anyway, within the context of the MoQ I see
>> SOM (Intell. PoV) as a potential threat for a number of reasons:
>
>> It has pervaded intellectual patterns to such an extent that it has
>> assumed total ownership of our capacity to intellectualise.Both
>> inductively and deductively. That is, not only how to, but also
>> what's in it. All other influences upon our 'intellectualising'
>> (just to be clear because this word also has connotations, I mean
>> just thinking, our mental capacity [whatever that means..arrrgg]),
>> tend to be reduced to subjective (in the negative of
>> objective/scientific) frills. I am talking about intuition etc.
>
> One minor point. Andrè says that SOM have "pervaded intellectual
> patterns", if this means "pervaded the level" I must blow my whistle.
> In retrospect the 4th. level began as the conviction that there were
> an objective reality (eternal principles) beyond the gods' realm, a
> TRUTH that even transcends the gods. Thus the level began as a
> "som",
> it could not have developed as anything less, only the MOQ
> transformed
> it into ITS OWN 4th. level.
>
> Thus I must point out that "...SOM has pervaded intellectual patterns"
> (provided it means the level) is a little misleading,  as if people of
> old were "intellecualizing" when pondering their social reality, i.e.
> [...]

.
.
The Universe is uncaused, like a net of jewels in which each is a reflection of all the others in a fantastic, interrelated harmony without end.
.
.