On Sun, May 8, 2011 at 10:06 PM,  <craig...@comcast.net> wrote:
> [Pirsig]
> "To say that "A causes B" or to say that "B values
> precondition A" is to say the same thing. The difference is one of words
> only. Instead of saying "A magnet causes iron filings to move toward it,"
> you can say "Iron filings value movement toward a magnet."
>
> In "Iron filings value movement toward a magnet." What is B, what is
> precondition A & what is precondition A
> a precondition of?
> If you can't even give an explanation of what your position means, it's time
> to give it up.

In the quote I supplied Pirsig explains himself as well as I can
imagine explaining anything. I strongly suspect that you are just
trying to be a dick and succeeding as spectacularly as ever.

A= magnet, B= iron filings.

Instead of saying "A magnet [A] causes iron filings to move toward it
[B]," you can say "Iron filings [B] value movement toward a magnet
[A]."

I don't see how that could be made any more clear. Perhaps you should
seek help from others by starting a new thread.

Or you could stop being a dick and just say what your point is in
quibbling about Pirsig's reformulation of causation.