I am currently working on my Master's thesis project and am trying to find
morphological reconciliations for new molecular phylogenies of a certain
taxonomic family of crinoids (marine invertebrate sister to sea urchins, sea
cucumbers, and sea stars). I am focusing in a certain skeletal piece and have
been landmarking 2D images of the piece in TPSDig2 for statistical analysis in
R.

I am new to geometric morphometrics (really to statistics in general) and was
hoping to get an idea about whether I have chosen the correct tests to perform.
I am not in the analysis phase quite yet, but I want to be ready when I am. I
have created a list of what general tests I think I need to perform (listed
below) and would love any input on anything that seems redundant, unnecessary,
or anything I am missing.

After coordinates are created and uploaded into R:
- Procrustes Superimposition
- PCA
- bgPCA or CVA (?)
- MANOVA
- LDA
- Hierarchical clustering (to see how it compares to the molecular trees)
- Phylogenetic comparison tests to estimate ancestral character states

Please advise, thank you

Brenna