Hi,
This subject pops up every few months on Morphmet. The general consensus is
that either Creaform or structured light scanners like Artec or LMI have
made are generally very satisfactory solutions. People like Breuckmann are
an order of magnitude more expensive but also very good.
You'll want to budget at least $20-30,000 to set yourself up properly with
both scanners and workstations/post-processing software. Popular post
software include geomagic and polyworks. They work extremely well but cost
$$$. For CT, Amira/Avizo has a minimal learning curve but again costs $$$.
I can't give exact prices as they will give you a bespoke quote depending
on number of workstations etc. Stradwin is a nice freeware solution for CT
if your scans don't have too many problems (e.g. fossil embedded in matrix,
low contrast).
For fossil hominins, bear in mind that a large proportion have been either
CT or MicroCT scanned, and curators will be loth to allow surface scanning
on top. So a CT program is useful for processing already existing scans.
Photoscan is worth playing about with, as it only costs $50. With a good
protocol you can get some extremely good results from skulls and mandibles
(think good camera and lazy Susan).

Disclosure-I run a small consultancy on 3d imaging and work with LMI in the
UK.

All the best,
Tom O'Mahoney

University of Manchester, Faculty of lifesciences