Just as a quick follow up (and clarifications).

 I recognize that there are already a number of methods to deal with these
well known  issues (McCoy et al. 2006, Klingenberg 1996, Burnaby 1966,
etc..) and they may be better ways still. However, since the "using
residuals from a pooled within-group regression" remains so common, I
thought the broader conversation may be useful.

Also I did not mean that everyone will always observe very high vector
correlations for the allometric slope of shape on sex (across sexes) or
small partial R^2. I was trying to make a bit of a caricature of an example
to make my point. Sorry for any confusion.

Cheers,
Ian
dwor...@mcmaster.ca