Deal Morphometricians,

I have .obj files with textures from three .jpg photos. I can load and see
the textures very nicely in Meshlab, but I need the textures to be
transformed into a coloured .ply file to do geometric morphometric analyses
(the landmarks are represented in the textures). So far it has not worked
doing it from Meshlab, so my questions are:

- I know I can place landmarks in Meshlab using the .obj file, but when I
do it, the software crashes. any thoughts? the .obj file is 16 Mb big. Is
there a limit to files size in Meshlab? I would rather not to downsample
the mesh to not lose anatomical details.

- When using the Transfer Texture to Vertex Color function, the texture
gets messed. It seems from web forums that Mshlab takes only one of the (in
this case) three .jpg files to do the colouring of the .ply mesh. Does
anybody know how to fix this? Another freeware software?

- Is there any landmark acquisition software that loads .obj files with
textures? So far, I have not been able to do it in Landmark Editor, Evan
toolbox, Avizo, Morpho nor Geomorph.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Best (y saludos),
Viviana

--

*Viviana Toro-Ibacache DDS MSc PhD*
Profesora Asistente *(Assistant Professor)*

Dirección:  Sergio Livingstone Pohlhammer 943
*(address)*   Independencia, Región Metropolitana
                 Chile
Email:        mtoroibaca...@odontologia.uchile.cl
Web:         www.researchgate.net/profile/Viviana_Toro_Ibacache/
                 www.cienciaymemoria.cl/staff.html