Emma Sherratt <emma.sherr...@gmail.com> ha scritto:

I have
noticed through my years of training in morphometrics (as I would call it)
that colleagues in Brazil and Spanish speaking countries say morphometry
usually and I'd not heard this before - at least I don't remember hearing
it said in Britain.

Dear Emma,
I imagine this is because in those languages (and in Italian, as well) the noun is "morfometria" so "morphometry" sounds closer. However, while I'm Italian, I personally prefer "morphometrics", probably just out of habit.
Best,
Carmelo

On Thursday, 8 September 2016, Chris Klingenberg <c...@manchester.ac.uk>