From: Thomas O'Mahoney <tomomaho...@gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, December 6, 2016 1:03:58 PM
To: Angela Roggero; lk...@siue.edu
Cc: MORPHMET
Subject: Re: [MORPHMET] RE: micro-CT suggestions

Dera Luci and Angela Roggero,
Nikon and Northstar imaging are also manufacturers that are worth looking into.
The Nikon XTH225 is extremely popular in the UK for digitising objects from
~2cm up to ~50cm. Resolution varies between 3-5 microns and 100 microns,
depending on sample size etc. If you are looking for high throughput of
specimens below 10cm, a helical microCT such as the FEI heliscan (designed
originally for scanning of rock core samples) or Scanco vivCT (designed for
in-vivo scanning of rodents) may be worth looking at too.
As ever, remember that the machine is just the beginning! Factor in
technicians, computing, file storage etc as well (this can add at least another
$100k to a budget).
Best,
Tom

On 6 December 2016 at 08:10, Angela Roggero