Hi Kate,

If I understood correctly, I am not sure that you can do a Procrustes
ANOVA-based FA test on a list of individuals where only few of them have
been digitized a second time. If this is the case, then I would suggest
this approach (might be other ones using what you already have but this is
fast and works for me):

- have a separate landmark file that contains only the specimens you
repeated (5 landmarks sets + 5 repeatded landmark sets = 10 landmark sets),
whose names end on "-rep1" and "-rep2" or something alike but with the same
amount of characters.
- create a classifier (eg "repeat) using the last characters of the name
(in my example, first character would be -5 and the last, -1). Remember you
have to create an "individual" classifier that covers all the remainig
characters.
- run the procrustes ANOVA on this 10-individuals landmark set using as
error term the "repeat" classifier. This way you will be able to quantify
variation due to repeated landmarking against variation due to
individual*side.

I hope this helps,
Viviana

> Hello everyone,
>
> I am a bit confused about how to properly import and classify data for a
> Procrustes ANOVA in MorphoJ. Here is some more information about my data:
>
> 15 3D landmarks on human faces (object symmetry)
> 479 individuals
> 15 landmarks from 5 individuals digitized a second time
> Sex and age as additional main effects
>
> I realize I need to include a classifier that indicates a repeat (to be
> added as an Error classifier), but I am unsure how to import these data. So
> far, I have imported 1) the original data text file which includes the
> identifier and the XYZ coordinates for the original 15 landmarks and 2) a
> classifier text file which includes sex and age as covariates. I have
> separate XYZ coordinates for the repeat landmarks, but I don't know how
> these should be imported to implement the "repeat" classifier.
>
> Any assistance you could provide would be greatly appreciated!
>
> Thanks very much,
> Kate

> ---

*Viviana Toro-Ibacache DDS MSc PhD*
Profesora Asistente *(Assistant Professor)*
Centro de Análisis Cuantitativo en Antropología Dental (CA2)
Unidad de Anatomía, Instituto de Investigación en Ciencias Odontológicas
Facultad de Odontología Universidad de Chile

Dirección:  Sergio Livingstone Pohlhammer 943
*(address)*   Independencia, Región Metropolitana
                 Chile
Email:        mtoroibaca...@odontologia.uchile.cl
Web:         www.researchgate.net/profile/Viviana_Toro_Ibacache/
                 www.cienciaymemoria.cl/staff.html