Hello everyone. As I am new in the field of the geometric morphometrics, I am
expressing my naive problem..
I am trying to analyze differences in the shape of two simple separate curves.
These describe the radii of circles fitting to the condylar margins on the
proximal and distal articular surfaces of the medial astragalar side
respectively.
I think I have followed the standard procedure. The recorded curves were
resampled (always from a common homologous starting and ending position),
granting the same number of evenly spaced 50 points (“by length” option in
tpsDig) across all specimens. Afterwards, the operation of converting into
landmarks was conducted with the employment of the tpsUtil program resulting in
50 landmark configurations.
So, my question is this: can I import their coordinates into Morphoj or even
Past and ran  the whole analysis there, including the superimposition? Or do I
have to treat these data in an other way?
I have tried to make a slider file for both curves (2 landmarks at the two ends
of the curves and 48 sliding landmarks between). As I load these nts files with
the tps file with my 50 lanmarks in tpsrelw and perform the analysis there, the
consensus and the rest results are wrong. More specifically, the position of
landmarks has changed dramatically, as some of them have overslided and there
are not placed equidistantly. Also, it  seems that right and left specimens are
not getting aligned at all.
This was not the case, when I simply treated them as typical landmarks in
morphoj..
Please any help would be very welcome.