Hi all,

I'm trying to run an integration test in geomorph, or rather
phylo.integration on 2 sets of Procrustes aligned coordinates for cranium
and jaws of lizards, landmarked on both sides. When I plot the results I
get graphs of the landmarks for the positive and negative extremes of
PLS1&2, but for the cranium they are in lateral view while for the
mandibles they are in frontal view.
I'm wondering if this is an issue for the estimation of r-PLS, since in
Adams & Felice 2004 (PLoS ONE: Assessing Trait Covariation and
Morphological Integration on Phylogenies Using Evolutionary Covariance
Matrices), they write "the position of the jaw was standardized relative to
the skull by rotating the jaw to a common articulation angle among
specimens".

If it is an issue, how do I rotate the position of one of the partitions to
be in the same orientation as the other?

Thanks for any advice!
Christy

*Dr Christy Anna Hipsley | ARC DECRA Fellow *

School of BioSciences, University of Melbourne/

Museums Victoria

GPO Box 666

Melbourne, Victoria 3001 Australia

*T:* +61 3 8341 7423 *E:* christy.hips...@unimelb.edu.au;