Morphomet community,

I have head shapes from specimens that were digitized multiple times to
reduce measurement error. My goal is to use average head shape of specimens
for downstream comparative methods (where each specimen represents a
different lineage). Just want to be sure I am doing GPA on the appropriate
unit. Here are some different ways I have thought about doing GPA on the
head shapes for my specimens:

1. All coordinates combined (i.e. replicate measurements across specimens)

2. On a specimen by specimen basis

3. By specimen's average unaligned coordinates

OR

4. GPA twice, on specimen by specimen basis (like #2) and then by
specimen's average aligned coordinates

Which approach seems most logical?