A few things...

On Mon, 2003-12-08 at 11:52, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Sample size is not as big an issue as it once was. The only limitation
in Morpheus is that it currently uses integers for indexing into lists,
which in computer speak means you can't have more that 32,000 of
anything - objects, points, dimensions. I think tps uses a more modern
indexing with the limit, if there is one, in the gajillions.

> Will any of these packages or modules (like Morpheus or the tps
> modules) allow me to do Procrustes (least squares) alignment of 72
> landmarks on 4,431 subjects?  I mean a full general procrustes (all
> landmarks-all subjects simultaneously).  If this is too large a dat

This is not, technically speaking, a full Procrustes analysis. "Full"
refers to the algorithm estimating a least-squares scaling parameter for
each specimen. Most morphometrics uses a "partial Procrustes analysis"
where all specimens are scaled to the same size (usually, unit centroid
size) without regard to the least-squares aspect of this.

http://life.bio.sunysb.edu/morph/morphmet.html.
--
Dennis E. Slice, Ph.D.
Department of Biomedical Engineering