That's right - I was perhaps a little too fast-and-loose when I
equated Darroch and Mosimann with Burnaby.  It would have been more
precise to say that Darroch and Mosimann  and Burnaby CAN give the same
results, depending upon how you set them up. Dividing each measurement
through by the geometric mean and then ln-transforming the ratios (one
approach to Darroch and Mosimann) should give the same result as using
Burnaby with an isometric PC1 (each eigenvector coefficient  = 1 over
the square root of the number of measurements), since the geometric mean
is the measure of scale in PCA when using the VCV matrix of
ln-transformed data, according to Jolicoeur.  Also, there's a nice
geometric demonstration of how these kind of things work in Bookstein et
al. (Red Book), Section 2.2.2.

           Finally, another nice thing about the Darroch and Mosimann
adjustment is that it's so easy to get a set of scale-adjusted data
using NTSYS and other programs.  If the rows
are observations and columns are measurements, just ln-transform the
data, center them on the row means, and save the new data set of
"logshape" variables.

Tim Cole