-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Deb Kurns
Some teachers stress the b/d confusion using the word bed - this
one is hard to write - if you use your hands to make a letter b with the
left hand and a d with the right hand and hold them together, you have a bed
with a headboard and a footboard.  Most of my children did not get this one
because the concept of headboard and footboard is unknown to them.  There is
a program called "Recipe for Reading" that uses a picture of a bat and ball
for the letter b and a drum and drumstick for the letter d.  I have placed
the b picture on the left corner of the student's desk and the d picture on
the right corner.  There is another saying b before c when looking at an abc
chart.