From: Beverlee Paul <beverleep...@gmail.com>
To: Mosaic: A Reading Comprehension Strategies Email Group
<mosaic@literacyworkshop.org>
Cc: Mosaic: A Reading Comprehension Strategies Email Group
<mosaic@literacyworkshop.org>
Sent: Thu, May 10, 2012 10:20 pm
Subject: Re: [MOSAIC] Data Teams

Makes perfect sense to me in Education 2012 -- make sure to put everything
possible in the hands of those the furtherest from the child. That way the
people with the least knowledge of the child can make the most decisions.
Perfect sense, I tell you.

Sent from my iPhone

On May 10, 2012, at 5:22 PM, "Dionne, Jeanne"
<dion...@northstonington.k12.ct.us>
wrote:

> I know that this listserv is primarily for reading comprehension but I am
desperately hoping to get some feedback on the following . . . Does anyone use
'data teams' to administer ALL 'universal screen' assessments to students? If
so, do these data teams include the classroom teacher? Our district is planning
to use data teams to administer all universal screens next year (3 times per
year) but the teacher will not be a part of that team . . . the plan is for the
teacher to meet with those that administered the test (reading teacher, school
psych, speech path, sp ed teacher) to get the results . . . any thoughts or
personal experiences with such would be appreciated.

> Jeanne Dionne
> 1st Grade Teacher
> North Stonington Elementary School
> 860-535-2805 ext. 103
>
> "Love and respect all children for with the passing of time they become us."
>

> All emails using the North Stonington Public School’s email system should
conform to BOE Network Policy # 4118.5, and may contain confidential or
privileged information. If you have received this in error, please delete this
message and any attachments and notify the sender by replying to this email.