I have to agree with most of you and what has been said.  With that said, I
have student that has a much different profile on the AIMSWEB then what I
see from his daily reading and comprehension in the classroom.  I have
discussed it numerous times with his parents.  My concern is this:

1.  On the AIMSWEB screener he comes out fluent.  I say great because he
can word read.
2.  Some how he also passed the math screener and I know (and his parents
who help him an hr. a night) know he struggles in the classroom with
"comprehending" math problems but can computer.

In my heart of heart, and through many observations, I know he struggles
with comprehending.  The parents took him for a full psych eval. because
nothing shows up here and I am now feeling pretty bad that they had to
spend the money.  I am sure something will show up but none of it matters
when it comes to getting modifications and accommodations at school.  Isn't
comprehension numero uno?  Shouldn't it trump everything?  He only fell a
benchamrk behind on Fountas and Pinnell because his comprehension is at
about 5 out of 10.  However, his fluency scored pulls him up just enough to
always put him a benchmark below grade level.  I am always looking for
comprehension activities I can do with him and more with prereading
activities please!

--
*
Miss Zilch's Website<http://www.d70schools.org/%7Ekzilch/MissZilch/Home.html>

--
District 70's Mission: To ensure that District 70 students experience learning
that prepares them to live and work in the 21st Century.