From: "Diana Rea" <d...@dqud300.perry.k12.il.us>
To: "Mosaic: A Reading Comprehension Strategies Email Group"
<mosaic@literacyworkshop.org>
Sent: Monday, September 30, 2013 10:31:38 AM
Subject: Re: [MOSAIC] Close Reading Strategies

Just read all the conversations on close reading. I've been working on a
couple of Common Core shift presentations from my district and thought it
would be helpful to the group to share some things I plan to use:
Here's information from Tim Shanahan from The University of Illinois-Chicago
on Close Reading that define the process well.
http://www.shanahanonliteracy.com/2012/06/what-is-close-reading.html
ReadWriteThink has some PD on close reading with lesson plans and resources
to support implementation.
Close reading for primary grades -http://bit.ly/17iZt0f
Close reading with literary text for middle and high school levels-
http://bit.ly/17j06Hg

Finally here's a list of close reading model lessons from Achieve the Core
http://www.achievethecore.org/page/752/close-reading-model-lessons

Diana
Director of Instructional Services